Athletic Identity and Psychiatric Symptoms Following Retirement from Varsity Sports
(1) Giannone, Z.A., Haney, C.J., Kealy, D., & Ogrodniczuk, J.S. (2017). Athletic identity and psychiatric symptoms
following retirement from varsity sports. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 63(7), 598-601. doi:
An Examination of Coping with Career-Ending Injuries: An NCAA Division I and NCAA Division III Comparison
(2) Marks, H., Czech, D.R., Harris, B.S., Burdette, T., & Biber, D.D. (2015). An examination of coping with career-ending injuries: An
NCAA division I and NCAA division III comparison. International Journal of Sports Science, 5(2), 87-92. doi:
NCAA Recruiting Facts
(3) National Collegiate Athletic Association. (2018). NCAA recruiting facts.
Blurred Lines: Performance Enhancement, Common Mental Disorders and Referral in the U.K. Athletic Population
(4) Roberts, CM., Faull, A.L., & Tod, D. (2016). Blurred lines: Performance enhancement, common mental disorders and
referral in the U.K. athletic population. Frontiers in Psychology, 7(1067). doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01067
Transitioning Out of Sport: The Psychological Effects of Collegiate Athletes' Career-Ending Injuries
(5) Stoltenburg, A.L., Kamphoff, C.S., & Bremer, K.L. (2012). Transitioning out of sport: The psychological effects of
collegiate athletes' career-ending injuries. Athletic Insight The Online Journal of Sports Psychology, 13(2).